Sunday, June 10, 2012

Hiccups and Headaches

Updated: It appears that Blogger doesn't like taking format orders from my iPad, I updated the format of this post to make it slightly more readable.

It may just be me, but I get the hiccups rather easily. If I eat something that is too spicy, or the first sip of soda, or if I laugh too hard I get the hiccups. Sometimes in the winter when I go from my warm bed and pull the covers back and I get really cold very quickly I get the hiccups. Today I got them for no reason at all, and they lasted all day. And they were those painful kind that feels like your sternum is being separated from the rest of your body. So, that was pleasant. And then I got a repeat of the migraine I was fighting last night. In case you've never had the pleasure of rocking a migraine with hiccups shaking you every few seconds, be glad. It's not something I would do for fun. It's 8:30pm now so all my hopes for a meaningful post are gone. Y'all are just getting a quick summary for today, and then I promise you a more meaningful healthy living related post tomorrow.

WOD

At home mini WOD. Today was supposed to be a rest day but since I got a headache last night I didn't get my swimming done. This morning I did five rounds of air squats, sit ups, and push ups 10 reps of each movement. I was going to do the rounds for time but I must have hit my stop watch button in one of my transitions because I don't think I finished in under 8 minutes. Next time I'll use my Gymboss timer instead.

Nutrition

Breakfast: Huevos Rancheros, this time with bacon! And today was indulge day for me, so I had some toast.

Lunch: Mongolian BBQ, beef with bean sprouts, peppers, onions, broccoli, water chestnuts, and a gluten free "dragon sauce," served with rice, which I chose to eat as well.

Dinner: Haddock pan fried in olive oil with garlic, salt and pepper. I made mashed cauliflower out of purple cauliflower and it just looked weird. Also, since I served the fish with lime wedges, when the lime juice hits the purple cauliflower, it turns a bright hot pink. This might be fun for moms who have little kids that won't eat green vegetables. As for me, I prefer my cauliflower to fool me into thinking that I'm eating potatoes. I hope you have all had a wonderful weekend! Let's make this a great week!

xo,

Kendra

No comments:

Post a Comment