Monday, July 23, 2012

Starting off on the Right Foot

So last night I posted about portion control and dividing things up, and it made me so mindful today of portion control. So this morning when I was packing my lunch and making breakfast, I split up a steak and had half for breakfast and half for lunch. I love that the accountability is changing my mind and my behavior is shifting with it! Crossfit this morning made me super hungry and since I was already cutting up steak for my lunch salad, I kept cutting and had some for breakfast. Worked out really well because I am usually crunched for time on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Perfect! I do need to get better about making lunches at night though. Always room for growth.

Had a wonderful WOD this morning. I've realized that starting a week with a strong workout on Monday morning sets me up for more successful week for getting all my workouts in. And once I do workout, I am more concious and deliberate about my eating choices. I find that this first decision on a Monday morning starts me off on the right foot. It makes me stop and think about what I am going to eat. It motivates me to make sure that I am prepared with meals. Mentally, it sets me up for success. It builds excitement about the process. And I feel strong, empowered, and mighty! I don't know about you all, but once I've reached feeling mighty, I know I can do this! And I may walk around with my sassy pants on for the rest of the day.

Now, sassy pants firmly in place, I realize that they have an expiration date, each night at midnight, and I have to start all over again the next day. So let's lay the groundwork the night before. Pull out the workout clothes, and shoes, and socks, find your water bottle and have a plan. Pack your lunch the night before. Make an extra chicken breast or four and have them ready to grab at a moments notice when you are in-between making a good choice, or a not so great one. Try planning out all your meals. At this point I know what meals we will be having this week, at least most of them. The best defense is a good offense, and planning like this allows you to be on the offensive and not allow the week to just happen and catch you unawares.

WOD Split Snatch @55# 8 reps
10 ring rows
10 push ups
400 meter row
3rounds for time, finished in 18:52!!! Such a huge sense of accomplishment! Love that feeling!

Nutrition

Breakfast: 5.5oz steak, coffee with H&H and Splenda.
Snack: 1oz almonds, 1 stick of string cheese.
Lunch: 5 oz steak, 2 cups organic baby spinach, 2 TBS ranch dressing, 1 TBS Sriracha hot sauce.
Snack: same as before
Dinner: Dijon mustard chicken, 1 cup broccoli, 1TBS butter.

o Success in anything really isn't about luck, or who wished hardest, but it relies heavily on preparation for the task at hand. You can do this, and so can I! Now put your sassy pants on and get to it! As always any tips or recommendations you may have are always welcome in the comments!

xo

Kendra

No comments:

Post a Comment